Monday, December 29, 2008

Knitting update

I was checking the pattern online to see if there were any corrections for the pattern. Sometimes with printed patterns there are mistakes. The pattern corrections are then posted on the internet site for the company that made it. Well I was reading that the arms were suppose to be 21 inches long for the small and 17 inches long for the medium and large. Seems wrong to me. So I checked the pattern online for corrections. UGH. They didn't post a correction for sleeve length but they did for increasing the width of the front panels. Here is the correction.

LEFT FRONT
With larger needles and 2 strands of yarn held tog, cast on 30 (34, 38) sts. Work in k1, p1 Rib for 7 in. (18 cm), end with a WS row.
Next Row: Knit 25 (29, 33) sts, sl last 5 sts to a holder. Continue in St st, inc 1 st at each side edge on next row then on every 10th row for a total of 30 (34, 38) sts.

If you take the word "side" out of the pattern and leave "each", like my printed pattern said, you are actually doubling the number of stitches that you increase. This is going to make the sweater very wide on the top. I am hoping I can make some adjustment when I seam it all together.

I just would hate that this sweater will be unwearable unless I take apart the two front panels and do them over again. I am just going to persevere and hope and pray that it turns out right and I don't run out of yarn.

No comments: