Monday, December 29, 2008

Knitting at a fever pitch

OK, so I started a sweater for my mother in law over a year ago. It was suppose to be a Christmas gift for last year, I think. Or maybe it was a birthday present. Either way it didn't get done.

Now I do have my excuses but none that exonerate me for a year of knitting with no finished product.

Connor has twice taken the knitting off the needles and unraveled it. Twice I actually lost a needle. And a few times I just couldn't figure out the pattern and got long periods of knitters block. This usually was corrected when I got some knitting advice from my mother, who is a pro.

Now I am on the last leg of the pattern. Sleeves! I took the kids to the park this morning and brought along my knitting. Aaahhhhh missing needle. So I wasted two good hours of knitting time. I just found the missing needle on Doc's bedside table. So its time to pick up the knitting again.

My deadline is Thursday morning. I have to finish both sleeves, knit the button hole band on the right front, sew all the seams... back, two sides and two sleeves, knit the collar and place the 9 buttons. You can see the sweater coat pattern here. Its a pretty big project but I am almost done.

Next will be a sweater for Avery done is pink. Oh my eyes will be so excited after knitting oatmeal for the last year.

2 comments:

Elysa said...

But it's going to be SO PURTY!!!

Stephanie said...

I sure hope so.