Monday, October 26, 2009

My New Budgie Baby

This is Jethro. He is my new parakeet baby. He just left his nesting box a few days ago and has learned to climb the cage sides and sit on the perch with his mom.


This is his mommy. She is staying with us until Jethro can feed himself. Right now he is still begging for food. Avery wanted to call him Jeopardy which is a great name for a bird living in a house with three cats. But I liked Jethro. He is named after Mark Harmon's character in NCIS.


If you look closely you can see the resemblance. Salt and pepper hair and blue highlights. Of course, we have no idea if Jethro, the parakeet, is a male or female. We have a couple more weeks to make the distinction. But oh my goodness he is so cute. I can hardly stand it. Umm, the bird, I mean.

No comments: