Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Advise

Avery said to me on the way home from nursery school today...

"Mommy, remember... if you are really tired and thirsty and you need a drink of water.. you need to call Jesus cause he has water for you. ok? Jesus has water."

Avery, honey, what that means is that when you are tired and overwhelmed and don't think you can face another step, you can turn to Jesus and he will give you strength to face whatever difficulties lie ahead. He refreshes you like a cup of cold water on a hot day.

"Yes but Mommy just remember that Jesus has water if you are thirsty, ok?

I am gonna call Jesus right now cause I am thirsty.
Jesus? Hello Jesus! I need some water."

3 comments:

Elysa said...

Oh the sweet, sweet faith of a little child.

Unknown said...

LOL! I love the mind of a child!

Unknown said...

I just found your blog because we had a book in common that we both like: The Shack. After reading your profile, we couldn't be more in the same boat! Today, I spent, no actually, wasted, time looking for new layout designs. I love that kind of stuff. I've been married 8 years and have 3 kiddos (6,5, and 3) Sounds familiar, huh? Well, nice to meet you. I'll check back in with ya!