Friday, November 9, 2007

My public demands...

That I explain solar nails. Well, my public and only loyal reader happens to be my sister-in-law Elysa. So I dedicate this post to her (you).

Here is the low down on solar nails which are different from the old acrylics. You can see the original article here.

Solar nails are similar to acrylic but are made with a slightly different product. They are not extensions like other acrylic nails because they are applied directly to your own natural nail.

Solar nails are just like a French manicure with all the pampering but without the hassle. They are applied in a two step application. After your nails have been prepared for the application by cleaning and buffing your nails and preparing the nail plate then your solar nail application can begin.

The first thing your nail technician will do to apply solar nails is to brush on the “white part” of the French nail. Then the next application is the “pink part”, which goes over the “white”. The acrylic is the “pink”.

Solar nails are the no hassle artificial nails. They do not need to have nail polish so after the pink part is added you are on your way.

Solar nails do not chip, are long lasting, and also help to strengthen your nails all in a French manicure style. Your nail technician will buff your new solar nails and they will be shiny and ready for anything.

Solar nails only need refilled about every 3 weeks. So, they are more convenient and economical than most artificial nails.

When you step out with your solar nails you will not have to worry about them lifting off, chipping, or turning yellow. Just care for your hands and nails like always and you will never have a problem. You will be able to do anything that you normally do without worrying about being easy on your artificial nails.

I hope this answers any questions you may have about solar nails. =) Thanks for the topic. I needed one to get my NaBloPoMo post done.

1 comment:

Elysa said...

I know this is belated...but thanks for clue'ing me in. Now I don't feel like such a manicure-ignoramus! ;)

And glad I could help you with a blog topic. :D