Friday, October 19, 2007

The Nine Needs of Every Mother

I have signed up for a self paced class on line at Christian Courses.com. It consists of 10 lessons and is free. Each lesson is divided into 4 sections; 1. learn it, 2. do it, 3. share it, 4. live it. There is also a survey at the beginning and end of each lesson to help you gauge what you learned. The courses you can take through this website are affiliated with MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers). And though the course I am taking is about mothering... there are plenty others including ones on leadership, public speaking and group dynamics, soul care, and their 10 Reasons to Believe series that tackles the topics of suffering, the Bible, Christ and the resurrection, just to name a few.

I look forward to figuring out what my needs are as a mom. haha (That was a joke.)

3 comments:

Karen Hossink said...

Hmmm, are you in a MOPS group?
I speak for lots of MOPS groups...maybe I could come to yours sometime!

Stephanie said...

I just found MOPs. I am not in a group. I never new there was a group out there called Mothers of Toddlers. I have been a mother of a toddler for 6 years now.. wish I knew. Just muddling through here.

Karen Hossink said...

If you go to the MOPS website under "groups" and "find a local group" you can search for a group near you.
I was in MOPS for four years and think it is a great thing!