Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Gospel of John

Cullen and I have been watching The Gospel of John. I have really enjoyed it. And watching it with a six year old allows some wonderful teaching time too. This movie is word for word from the Gospel and it is done very well. The cinematography is breathtaking and the acting is superb.

I am very surprised at how interested both Cullen and Avery are in this film and how many questions they have. I am also much surprised at how intensely I am watching it. The Gospel really comes alive and words you have heard all your life become alive on the screen.

I really avoid drama in movies as much as possible. Movies are really an escape for me. But this movie is a wonderful reminder of my rootedness in Christianity and the great gift of grace.

No comments: